Thursday, November 17, 2011

A handful of randoms

My week this week has been interesting to say the very least. Fortunately, the boys are still happy, funny, busy munchkins who don't take much notice of the semi-stressful things in life.

I've been really lazy about dragging my camera around lately. Usually it's all but attached to my hip, but it seems that more times than not recently, it has been left on the table at home as I'm whisking us out the door. I'd leave it in my car so as always to have it, but thanks to the lovely person that broke into my car this week at the gym, I have learned to leave absolutely nothing of value in there. If only it were that easy.

So let's see, things that are new around our house this week....

Collin has taken to climbing into the sink while Nathan and I get ready in the morning. He takes his stash of whatever he can find off of the counter and collects it all in the sink with him. He'll sit content like this until Nathan or I kick him out. I figure as long as he's at least in the sink, not attempting to get out, and I'm standing a foot or so away, he's pretty safe. (I've given up on trying to not have him climb at all...).


He's also taken a liking to sneaking snackies. He now opens the pantry (or if he's lucky, manages to get Drew to open the fridge for him), and will steal anything he can get his hands on. He then takes his goodies and "hides" under his high chair. Look at those little chubby cheeks, it's not like he's not being fed around here...


Drew's now graduated from the little lawn mower he used to push around behind Nathan, to wanting to push the big lawn mower with him. Nathan will usually appease him for a few minutes before taking over and finishing the rest of the lawn on his own. I'm pretty sure this is Nathan's way of making sure he's not out mowing the lawn for the remainder of the afternoon (it's a pretty slow process with Drew attached). However short-lived it may be, Drew loves it.


One of the more fun changes around our house is the fact that Collin and Drew now readily play together. I think I've mentioned this in a few past posts, but I really am enjoying watching them actually start to play together and the way they interact. I love overhearing Drew explain something to Collin and Collin "replying" in the gibberish he's so good at right now. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that an added perk to this is that they can now entertain each other, giving me a free moment to oh, you know....pee alone. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment