Three things about Drew this month:
1. He loves to try to "teach" Collin how to do things now. It's cute and comical to watch him try and show Coll how something should work and then explain again how Collin needs to do it when he inevitably doesn't follow Drew's directions. (tattling on Collin when he won't do what Drew wants him to also came with this).
2. Loves anything puzzle or building related.
3. Is adamant he do things on his own now. This sometimes results in him eventually asking for help, but I'm often surprised at just how much he really can do completely on his own.
Bonus!: If Drew's in trouble, he now tries to calm me down with "oooooh, schweet baby....". As in, "ooooh, it's ok schweet baby. Shhhh, settle down". I'm not sure where he picked this one up, but it is so hard not to laugh when he does it!
Three things about Collin:
1. He now has his two front teeth (complete with a gap between them) :)
2. He's soooo close to walking. He cruises all over the house holding onto things, and can stand completely on his own without holding anything now. Although Drew did this cruising/standing thing for at least a month before he truly walked, I still think Coll will be walking sooner (Drew officially walked, as in took more than three or four steps in a row, just after his first birthday).
3. He has very little interest in a bottle these days. If we are all eating solid foods, then that's what Collin wants too. You name it, Collin will eat it, or beg for it to be shared.
Bonus!: He's so mischievous these days! He loves to do things he knows he's not supposed to. He'll watch you coming to stop him and intentionally go faster towards whatever he knows you're coming to stop him from. For example, we have an alarm on our house. An alarm that Collin has figured out how to set off at least twice a day. How does that tiny person set the alarm off? Well, with the alarm, came the installation of a carbon monoxide detector, that by requirement was installed about a foot from the floorboards in the hallway. This detector has a test button that has a lovely little green light that flashes and apparently screams for Collin to come and press it. If he presses the test button twice in a row (which he always does), it sets the alarm off. He thinks it's hilarious. Hilarious! As in, it's become his favorite game....so much so, that Drew will now hear the test beeps of the detector and immediately cover his ears in anticipation of the alarm he knows will follow. Ug! Usually I can get over to the panel fast enough to shut the alarm off before the alarm company calls to check that everything is ok. However, their number has become a regular on our caller ID. I'm sure they think we're nuts.