1. Loves to have Collin do things for him. He approaches Coll like he has just the *best* idea for him (like it's all about Collin and not about him), and then introduces some idea that will ultimately work in Drew's favor. Collin almost always gets suckered into this nonsense. "Hey Collin, you know what would be a fun game? I'll ride the tractor and you push!", "Hey Collin, go get that stick I just threw!", "Hey Coll, you don't want to play with that toy, but I do!"....you get the idea. I figure that Drew's time as Mr. Bossypants is probably short lived, so as long as they're both happy it's not hurting anything.
2. Started karate. A friend of ours had a gift certificate that her youngest son wasn't old enough to use, so Drew was invited along for two months worth of classes. So far he has loved it, although we've had to remind him (only a few times!) that karate is for bad guys, not for little brothers.
3. Loves Tanner and is a huge help with him. When Tanner was first born, we had put Tanner's carseat in the middle of both the big boys in the car. This was short lived. I quickly learned that Collin's easy access to his brother meant that Tanner would never, ever be able to fall asleep, not be poked, or keep a paci from being popped out of his mouth as Collin tugged its leash, sooooo we moved Tanner over and put Drew in the middle. Much better idea. Drew is helpful and nurturing not only in the car, but anywhere else as well. It's sweet.
1. Any reference to a number right now is "two-five". How many Legos do you have Coll? "Ummm, two-five!" How many fingers am I holding up? "Two-five!". I had talked about getting hooks for the boys' bathroom for their towels and was going to do number hooks in 1, 2, and 3. Jenn told me not to bother. It should be 1, 2, 5 so that Collin would recognize where his towel should go. :)
2. Almost any time that Coll is asleep if you were to walk into his room, you'd find him with either Rossi (his Rhinoceros) or this Tigger snuggled up underneath him. He is definitely a lovee kid.
3. Loves to go to the park. I remember for a little while with Drew I would have to avoid driving down certain roads with parks on them because I knew that if I drove past I would have him asking for the next half an hour if/when we could go to the park. This is Collin right now. He loves the park!
1. Is starting to reach for toys, especially if they're the toys that hang above him on his play mat.
2. Has found his tongue. This in combination with the fact that I'm pretty sure he's working on those bottom teeth coming through has made for some very soggy shirts. Enter the bibs. With all that drool I was having to change him four or five times in an afternoon just to keep him dry. A friend suggested putting a bib on him and changing that instead and it has made for much less laundry!
3. Officially took his first trip in the jogger (instead of the Ergo pack) on our walk the other day. He loved it!