Thursday, May 19, 2011

Collin's First Haircut

Well, we finally said goodbye to Justin Bieber and welcomed Collin back. Yep, this week that shaggy haired munchkin finally got his long overdue first haircut. Well, technically the haircut was last week, but thanks to the plethora of birthday shenanigans I had to post about last week, I decided to wait until this week to post the pictures. Part of the reason I had waited so long to have Collin's hair cut was that I reeeaaally didn't want to be the one to cut it. I cut all of the other boys' hair in this household, but the thought of cutting a squirmy wormy, likely upset, almost ten month old's hair just didn't seem appealing to me. Auntie Christi could have that honor. After all, she's the professional. Well, turns out time wasn't really on my side and if I didn't want to wait until Christi's wedding in August to have Collin's hair cut, then I would have to be pulling out the scissors myself. Turns out, it wasn't nearly as terrible as I thought it would be. When it was all said and done, I don't think it turned out half bad.

Before

I'm always a little sad to see the baby curls go



After! I can't get over how blonde (ish) his hair turned out once all the dark long hair was gone

Auntie Jenn: giver of goodies and taker of pictures = handy sidekick.

This past weekend we also went to Lodi, CA for my cousin Matt's wedding. Since we ended up missing my other cousin's wedding in Portland back in December, I was excited to see all of my dad's family (it's been a while!). The wedding was beautiful, the bride (and groom!) beaming, and the location was gorgeous! I didn't take my camera, but I managed to snag Burke's and take a few pictures. I only realized after the fact, that none of us took a picture of the bride and groom, so I can't show you how stellar they looked, you'll just have to take my word for it. :)

The tree they were married in front of

My dad's siblings (minus one)

Giada and Drew (Giada is Drew's second cousin, and is absolutely adorable! Seriously, so cute and spunky!)

Cute picture above, take two. This one sort of summed up the two of them together better :)




Can't wait to see the family again (plus a few new babies!) for Christi's wedding in August!

1 comment:

  1. I love my babies and cant wait to squeeze them again

    ReplyDelete