Friday, December 2, 2011

Turkey Day 2011

So here we are, another week, and of course late. As usual. I blame the projects. The piles upon furniture sized piles of projects going on in my house. It's that crazy do-it-yourself hair brain idea that was hardwired into me. I do believe my multi tasking is getting the better of me these days though. I never thought I would say this, but I will be thankful when my garage full of furniture has all been refinished and piles of inside projects completed. I do however, think my house will be looking fabulous *if* I ever muster all that energizer bunny energy I seem to be lacking to actually finish things up. Throw in some Christmas decorating and gifts that need to be finished up and ta da! There you have it. The reason I am constantly behind on blogging. It's life right now. Full speed ahead. However, just because I've been majorly slacking on posting, doesn't mean that there haven't been anything going on in this little house of ours.

Thanksgiving this year was so fun! I love big family anything, so using a holiday as an excuse to get everyone together and eat some of my favorite once a year foods sounds like a pretty great idea to me! We spent Thanksgiving day this year with Nathan's family at his parents' house. It's been a while since we've been in town for Thanksgiving, so it was nice to enjoy things here in town. Collin wasn't feeling one hundred percent the week of Thanksgiving and still wasn't feeling great the night we were at Nathan's parents', but for the most part, he stayed happy and did great. We had a ton of fun and ate a ton of food. Unfortunately, I took all of my pictures on Kathleen's camera (I had forgotten mine!) and need a card reader to get the pictures onto my computer. I managed to snag the card from the camera, but not the reader and believe it or not, I've seen Nathan's mom at least three or four times since Thanksgiving and still haven't managed to remember to grab the card reader. I'll have the Hagen family Thanksgiving pictures up ASAP...don't let me forget Christi (cause I know you won't!).

My parents also ended up coming down this year (thanks to some major persuasion by Auntie Jenn Jenn), so we did Thanksgiving with my parents at our house on Friday. Nathan's mom joined us (his dad was hunting or would have been there too), and we had another day of fun and feasting. Hands down this year was my favorite way we have done Thanksgiving. Both days legitimately felt like a holiday to me, and I loved not having to cram through two meals or skip one family's entirely.

Drew was long overdue for some Lala time and spent most of the weekend glued to either her or Poppi (the upside to this? He crawled into their bed bright and early in the morning. Aaaaah, sleep. Fabulous sleep. How I've missed you! Seriously, sleeping in until 8:00 felt like heaven!).

Really it was both boys that were long overdue on some Lala and Poppi loving. Collin ate up having my Dad here, it was adorable!

Collin not only wanted to hang out with Poppi, he also thought it was necessary to feed him at any given opportunity!

Aaaaand, this pretty much summarized the boys' Thanksgiving weekend. Little boys that played Nintendo apparently turn into big boys that play iPhones/Ipods/Ipads. No exaggeration, this is how the entire weekend looked for them.

Say cheese!

Some lovin' from Auntie Kell

Turkey time! (My dad makes a pretty mean turkey!)

Aw, four of the favorite boys in my life!

Lala and Drewski

Coll and Auntie Christi

Someday I'll be at the big kid table, but this year I was at the "medium kid" table. Haha.

Nathan and his Mom

And of course, if the Aunties are in town, goodies are being shared with Drew in abundance. Next time girls, just pump that sugar right into his veins. ;)

Auntie Kell made Drew a pretty amazing race track down our hallway and throughout the house for Drew to play cars on. Drew has insisted that we not take it away, so it has stayed. It's a favorite, and will probably stay through Christmas.


We also figured that since Auntie Christi was in town, we may as well take advantage of her mad hair cutting skills. Drew has hated getting his haircut lately so I thought maybe since it would be Christi cutting his hair this time that he may be more willing to sit for a haircut. If only it were that easy. When we ran the plan by Drew he still balked at the idea. By chance, Christi ran by the hair supply store and took Drew. While they were there, Drew saw this cape. Christi hyped up the cape and the haircut that would go along with it, bought the cape, and voila! This three year old sat still (for the most part) for his haircut.

This not-so-three-year-old? Let's just say the cape didn't hold quite the same charm for Nathan as it did for Drew. :)

And finally, we got lucky enough to celebrate a birthday with this little sister of mine! Happy Birthday Christi!! We miss you and wished you lived closer to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment