Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving Part 2 and The Great Christmas Tree Hunt

I finally remembered, or rather Kathleen remembered and brought me, the memory card reader I needed to pull the pictures off her camera. So, as promised, here are a few of the pictures from Thanksgiving with the Hagens.

The dining room...pre food and people. 

What else are hallways full of smooth floor meant for??

Oh Collin....

Let's eat!!

I realized when I sat down to go through photos tonight that I didn't get any of us once we all sat down with our food. I guess we (and by we, I mean I) were so focused on the delicious food in front of us, that the camera and pictures that should have been taken fell by the wayside. I'm kicking myself for not at least getting a group picture. Suffice it to say though, I love love loved Thanksgiving this year! I loved the time we got with Nathan's family and I loved the time we got with mine the next day. It was perfect and so, so fun!

Even though I was definitely lacking in the Thanksgiving pictures department, I did happen to find these little gems on Kathleen's card while holding it captive (it sort of made up for the lack of pictures I had hoped to have). These were taken a few months before Collin was born (and Kathleen, I hope you don't mind me snagging them). Where did that little kid go??




Ahhh, memory lane. I'm starting to understand how people want more and more babies as their babies grow up. *Starting* to understand....I'm not promising Duggar amounts of children here, Mom.

Anyway, the Monday after Thanksgiving, the Fall decorations were out and the Christmas decorations in. I loooooove Christmas and try to keep it in my house as long as possible! This year, I managed to convince Nathan to go and get a tree the Monday after Thanksgiving instead of waiting for the following weekend like we had originally planned. Since Nathan and I have gone to visit my family in Oregon every year around Christmas, we haven't had a Christmas tree since we were living in Atascadero. This year though, my family is spending Christmas at our house, so I was uber excited to take the boys and go hunt down our tree. Take that word "hunt" with a grain of salt. I would love to find a place in or around Fresno that makes the tree "hunt" more of a go and chop down your own tree sort of "hunt", but the tree lot will suffice for now. I'll take what I can get. I had fun, the boys had fun. I'd say it was a win-win.






The boys both took the tree lot as their own personal *very large* hide and seek grounds. They'd disappear the second we let them down. We spent a lot of time chasing. Almost as much time as hunting

Once we "caught" them, we decided to start playing peek-a-boo through the trees to occupy them nearby...


It worked for both kids...

For oh...about point two seconds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment