Thursday, November 3, 2011

Snakes and Mummies and Spiders, oh my!

I'm not really a big Halloween person. I looooove all things fall, but just haven't ever been one to decorate or dress all out for Halloween. I have to admit though that having kids does make it hard not to want to join in on at least some of the Halloween fun. Soooo, in the spirit of all things fun the boys have enjoyed a plethora of new delicacies this week.

We've tasted some spiders....



...Roasted up a snake or two....


...Captured and consumed the mummies that have been hiding out in our kitchen and even managed to taste a finger or two.


(Unfortunately, I have no pictures of Drew happily munching away on these because as I came to find out, he was terrified of the "fingers". Absolutely terrified.)

You know, even a few pumpkins eventually made their way into our mouths this week


And they say toddlers are picky eaters... ;)

Thanks to these two sites for all the fun ideas: justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com and bekicookscakesblog.blogspot.com

As for Halloween itself, Drew went as a fireman this year (shocking, I know). He has worn his fireman rain boots everywhere we have gone for the better part of the past six months. His go-to boots have been proudly worn on his feet to church, swimming lessons, play dates, and through months of 95 plus degree weather. We barely made it down the aisle for Auntie Christi's wedding this summer without the boots on and believe me, it took some major convincing for this to happen. So when Drew saw a picture of a fireman costume in a catalog over the summer and announced that he wanted to be a fireman, it really came as no surprise to anyone around here. What did come as somewhat of a surprise was the fact that Drew had also made up his mind as to what Collin would be this year; his firedog of course. I sort of laughed when he announced this and then the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. I only have so many years of getting to coordinate their costumes before they don't think it's fun anymore, so I may as well take advantage of it! I ended up lucking out and finding Drew's costume at Costco of all places. Collin's I thought would be a piece of cake to find, but apparently a Dalmatian costume rather than just a dog is no easy thing to find! We did eventually get everything all pulled together and I have to say, they made the cutest firefighting team I've seen in a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment