Monday, September 12, 2011

Wedding Shenanigans

I'm waaaaay behind on blogging again. Seems to be a trend these days, huh? I blame Oregon and the massive amount of pictures I take while playing at my parents' house. You see, the problem isn't that I have nothing to post. The problem is that I have so much I could post that it takes me hours upon hours to sort through it all. Blah. Excuses, excuses. I know, Christi, I know. Really though, when we boil it all down, this is all your fault, so no complaining allowed. ;)

Friday night before the wedding we had Christi's bachelorette party. She really, really didn't want to be embarrassed and had asked for a fun dinner and drinks with all the girls. We let her get away with this idea....sort of. We still made her wear ridiculous accessories and do a few fun things, but all in all, she got off pretty easy. We had a really fun night of celebrating her last few nights as a single lady!

Isn't she adorable?? We just made her a wee bit more festive!

All the girls

Dinner at The Lucky Noodle. Soooo good!

Love these two! This is Christi's best friend Sarah. They've known each other since they were six. I used to babysit Sarah and her little sister, which makes me feel old. Since she's been a part of our family for a good long while now, she naturally thought it necessary to bring her boyfriend to meet her second set of parents (aka: Christi's). And when I say she brought him to "meet" our parents, what I really mean is she dropped him off....alone....with our parents to eat dinner and hang out with them (for HOURS!) while we all went out with Christi. Can you say boyfriend of the year award?? Who does that?! A very, very good boyfriend. That's who. Sarah, if you're reading this....Andy's a keeper!

My sister Jenn, wedding-helper-extraordinaire Holly, and one of my favorite people in Oregon, Susie!

Whitney, Christi, and Rachel (Christi's other best friend since she was six. Also love this girl and also used to babysit her and her sisters. Again, feeling kind of old here.)

Our adorable cousin Sophie, my sister Kell, and me

The Besties!

At the very end of the night, we saw this guy cruising down the road on this bike with his music blaring and the carriage he towed behind him empty. Well, of course we had to flag him down and make Christi go for a ride....and you know what? This just might have been the most embarrassing point of the entire night for her. Seriously. She was so comically embarrassed by this. Needless to say, for all of us watching, it was hilarious. Highlight of the night by far. :)

The day before the wedding was surprise, surprise, busy! We started the day with the wedding rehearsal up at the winery and then headed over to the salon that Christi works at for a day of pampering. Most of the girls from the bridal party were able to make it and we had a fun day getting to relax and hang out with each other.



That beautiful lady on the left, just so happens to be my grandma! Isn't she the cutest? Love you Nammy!

After the spa, we headed back to my parents' house for the rehearsal dinner. Tyler's parents had planned out a beautiful dinner that was catered in my parents' backyard. My dad had put a ton of work into the yard in the months leading up to the wedding and let me tell you it paid off. The yard looked amazing. 

Could Oregon get any greener??

So this is where Collin spent not only most of the rehearsal dinner night, but also most of his time outside at my parents' house the entire time we were there. Want to take a guess what type of plant that is? Yep, it's a blueberry bush. He made sure to eat every single berry that happened to be on it...both ripe and unripe.



And when he was too lazy to find the blueberries himself, he sat on that beam looking pitiful until Uncle Burkie came to the rescue and picked the blueberries at the center of the bush for him!

Ok, how stinkin' cute is this little guy? This is my cousin's new baby, Gino. I managed to steal him away from his Momma before my baby-stealing sisters were able to snag him! Thanks Julie for sharing him for a bit! :)

My dad made a "beach" for all of the kids to play in. Drew and Giada (and every other kid there) spent quite a bit of time digging and playing throughout the night. It actually turned out to be a surprisingly great babysitter!

See why no restaurant could easily accommodate the rehearsal dinner? Christi and Tyler both have big families!

My cousin Garrett was so sweet and spent a good portion of the weekend being drug around by Drew who wanted to show him everything! Thanks Garrett for being such a good sport about all of it!

Sunset

Tyler's parents Marc and Stacy did such a great job with the rehearsal dinner. It was so fun to be able to catch up with family and friends we hadn't seen in a while in the beautiful setting they had planned out. All-in-all, a ton of pre-wedding fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment