Thursday, September 22, 2011

Art A La Auntie Jenn Jenn

I think I am finally caught up with all that has been going on around here. Christi, I don't want to hear you gripe about how often I blog for quite some time. Go back and look, I think this makes post number three for this week alone.

This week was the first week we haven't had a million and one things going on, and I have to say, it's been sort of nice. I feel like our summer has been packed!

Auntie Jenn took advantage to this break in busyness and got the boys started on a project she's been itching to do with them. I've had red painted canvases hanging in our entry way for a while now. We got them shortly after we were married and they've just sort of followed everywhere we've moved. I don't have much red in my house...ask anyone that knows me. Blue and green (in any variation) are my go-to colors. Because of this, the red canvases have stuck out like sore thumbs to my interior designer sister. After weeks  (maybe months) of begging me to let her re-do them, I finally gave in and let her do what she wanted with them.

She started by sitting Drew down with some paint colors of her choosing. She handed him a paintbrush, and let him have at it.

Drew loves to paint anyway, so it didn't take a whole lot of convincing to get him to help Auntie Jenn out with her project.

When Drew's paintings were dry, Jenn handed Collin a few colored pencils and let him scribble away over the top of each painting. Collin hasn't had a chance to color much, and he loved it!

Finally, when the boys' artwork was all finished Jenn put them over the old red canvases and hung them back up in the entryway. (Sorry about the glare on the artwork. I couldn't get rid of it, they have a gloss coating).

Truth is, I'm glad Jenn re-did them for me, and I love the little kid look to them. They'll be a fun way to look back and remember my boys at this stage in life. :)

The other highlight of this week was a birthday party for Drew's best buddy Noah. Noah had a fireman themed party, and at the very end of the night, a real live firetruck full of real live firemen showed up to let the kiddos check it out. I can't even find the right words to help you understand just how excited Drew was about this. It was adorable. Birthday boy Noah even got to wear his Halloween costume early and was an exact match to the firemen that showed up. So cute!

Engine 85



Not sure if the big boys or the little boys were more fascinated by all of this

Noah and Drew

The birthday boy and his matching firefighter

Even Collin loved it!

These firefighters were so great! They answered the boys' millions of questions and at the end even let them hop into the drivers seat. Do I even need to write that Drew ate this all up?

And finally, three things about the boys this month:

Drew:


1. Has just started saying "Homy Cow!!" (Holy Cow) in response to everything.
2. Loves to build "nests", which basically is a fort without the top portion to cover it.
3. Loves to tell you that you scared him. This usually happens when we walk into a room he is in by himself. He'll turn to us and say, "Oh! Mom, you scared me!". I think I've only actually startled him once, but he loves to say it and then laugh at your reaction.

Collin:

1. Loves (seriously, delights in) getting into mischief. We currently have all of our toilet paper rolls sitting on counters instead of hanging where they should, thanks to Collin's delight in unraveling them as fast as he possibly can as soon as he gets into a bathroom.
2. Says banana (or rather, "nanas") and some form of "Hi Wrigley", which is what we say every morning to our dog Wrigley who is laying outside the sliding glass door next to his highchair.
3. Can now point to his nose and bellybutton when asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment