Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Big Kid Trip

For the first time in the almost two years since I've had this blog, I somehow lost an entire post's worth of writing....as in had it written, pictures added, edited and waiting to publish. I hit save, shut the computer down and returned the next day to pictures only, no text. SO frustrating.

So, here I am, re-writting an already told story (only no one read it of course). Oh well.

Anyway, after five days of sitting at home post hospital stay I was still on the couch licking my wounds so to speak and the big boys were starting to go a bit stir crazy. Auntie Jenn and Christi had asked before we had Tanner if they could take Drew and Coll to Mammoth with them for a quick trip to meet my Auntie Pam and her kids for the weekend. Originally I had been pretty wishy washy on whether or not I wanted the boys to go since I was feeling like they might feel bumped out by the new baby if we shipped them off with their Aunties. After five days cooped up at home with Mom on the couch though, it was clear that a Big Kid Trip was just what they needed. So after repeatedly asking the girls if they were sure they wanted to take on the challenge of traveling with two preschool aged kidlets, off they went for two days of fun in Mammoth...and fun they had! They came back with a camera full of photos (that I have shamelessly stolen!) and plenty of stories to tell.

Collin scrubbing the deck at Nammy's (my grandma) house in Mammoth. From what I heard, this was a favorite activity for both the boys over the weekend. On Saturday Tyler texted me and somewhat explained their game: "Johnner (Collin) and Degogo (Drew) would like me to recommend their deck cleaning services. According to Degogo their services are only available on Saturdays and Thursdays so plan accordingly. Also, they accept payment in the form of M&M's." Too funny. Their little imaginations right now crack me up.

Silly goggles that Drew somehow convinced Auntie Pam to buy during a trip to the grocery store. From what I heard, he also managed to add to the grocery cart every type of fun snackie his little heart desired, the silly goggles, and tattoos (which we are still putting on the boys!). Apparently Auntie Pam is just as bad as her sister Lala when it comes to spoiling the boys. ;)

Collin's turn with the glasses

The boys with their tattoos "just like Daddy's" (Oh boy....). Considering the fact that they have been asking for a new tattoo daily since coming home and the fact that there are still plenty more tattoos to be used up, I have a funny feeling the boys are going to run out of places on their skin to put them before we run out of actual tattoos. Thank you oh-so-much Auntie Pam! ;)

On Saturday, the gang headed out to Lake Mary. All of this fall color and the cooler weather the girls said they enjoyed made me a wee bit jealous of their time in a place where fall has actually arrived!

Drewski and my Cousin Garrett

Auntie Christi, my cousin Hannah, my Auntie Pam, and Auntie Jenn Jenn

Auntie Pam and Coll brother, so sweet!

I loved this picture! Not sure what exactly they were up to, but Drew sure looks like he's having a good time!



On Sunday, the girls made a pit stop at Mono Lake on their way home from Mammoth. We used to go with my grandparents when we little, but it's been years since we've been back to the lake. The girls must have remembered the fun we used to have there though, because Jenn and Christi decided to stop there on the trip back to let the boys play and run off some energy before heading home. The pictures they brought back brought up some great memories for me of fun times spent with my grandpa while he was still alive.

Doesn't the landscape remind you of something from another planet? ...Or something from a Star Wars movie set?

Collin has been talking non-stop lately, with new words and sentences added daily. Nothing however, is said more often than "Ty Ty" right now. He loves Uncle Tyler!

Drewski and Auntie Jenn

Mono Lake Stalagmites

The salt content in the lake creates foam on the water like in the ocean. The boys apparently had some fun stomping through it.


Drew, Uncle Ty Ty, and Auntie Christi

Coll-brother and Auntie Jenn




Stick throwing


Auntie Jenn and Auntie Christi. Thanks girls for taking the Littles for the weekend. They had a ton of fun and I'm sure the trip was a nice break from the slow pace they had at home our first week back!

Before the boys left for Mammoth we had quite a few visitors pop by our house to meet the newest munchkin. Drew and Collin were super proud and excited to be introducing their new little brother...so much so, that if I happened to be nursing while someone walked through our door, Collin would rip the nursing cover back to immediately show whoever had come in his new baby. Um, awkward. Thank goodness these were all close friends and family!

Our friend Emily

Proud Big Brother

Our friend Michelle

Nathan's sweet Grandma

By the end of the first week home, I was still not feeling great, but definitely starting to go stir crazy sitting around at home all day. So while the big boys were gone, I convinced Nathan to take me by to see the progress on the new house. It had been a while since Nathan's mom had seen it, so we invited her to come along with us as well.

Grandma and Tanner in his new room. I thought it fitting that since I took a picture of the big boys in their new room, that I take one of Tanner in his when he arrived as well.

Baby T aslo got his first bath over the weekend

Fortunately as the days have gone by, I've started feeling less and less like I was sawed in half and more and more like myself. ...And its funny, because as a result, my attitude on C-sections has begun to greatly improve (something I'm sure all around me are thankful for!).

I cannot get enough of this squishy little bundle! I'm loving just soaking in how little and sweet he is...such a great phase that goes by way too quickly!!



And of course, I can't end a post about my first week or so home without mentioning all the help I've had. Nathan has seriously been the best nurse. Maybe he felt sorry for me, but I really have been waited on hand and foot. (Reason number five million and thirty two why I happen to think that boy is pretty great). I also have had tons and tons of help from Jenn and Christi. Jenn took an entire week off of work and Christi came up from her house in Orange County for two weeks (!!) to help me with kids, make dinner, do laundry, etc. around here. So, so grateful to both of you and your selflessness! You have made recovering easy!!

2 comments:

  1. We loved every minute in Mammoth with Drew and Collin, the girls and Ty Ty...sooooo fun!!! Drew has given us a list of what he'd like for his birthday...watch out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lauren:
    May we get a copy of that darling photo of Garrett and Drew?? Super duper cute!! xoxo, Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete