Sunday, October 7, 2012

40 Weeks

As of today, I have officially made it to my due date!

40 Weeks

My view from the top :)

Sweet brothers...and one worn out Momma this morning!


And as of last night, I officially finished up Baby T's quilt for his bedding. Seeing as how I'm sure that's what this baby was waiting on before making his much anticipated arrival, he is now free to come at any time :)

Make note LeAnn, there is no blue OR green in this quilt. Did the shock of that just about knock you off of your feet? ;)

Simple Chevron pattern, but I love how it turned out

I usually don't do much to the back of quilts, but since this one was so simple on the front, I felt it needed something on the back too. Also, it was a way to incorporate a bit more of the red from the binding.

I think this is the latest I have ever started any of the boys' quilts. Usually they are all finished up well before my due date and I think this time around I was only just starting it a month ago. Part of the reason it took me so long to even start, is that I was having a really hard time deciding on a direction to take Baby T's room. Once I decided to go with a fire engine theme, I was excited and it all came together quickly. Now I know this quilt doesn't look like it's fire engine themed, but it's the crib sheet that sort of pulls the bedding together. On the quilt, the gray was for smoke, the red for the engines, and then of course, what fire engine themed anything is fully complete without a firedog?


My quilting "helpers". Yep, that would be a lego boat Collin is floating down my quilting ruler....


We spent quite a bit of our week playing and enjoying the last little moments of it just being me and two littles in the house. I'm feeling like much of my time will be devoted to a new and naturally needy baby pretty soon here, so I intentionally tried to keep our schedule simple and leave plenty of free time for one-on-one play this week.

That said, this week I took a major break from picture taking to be able to just play as well. The boys were being especially silly as Superheroes one morning though and I couldn't resist snagging just a few...

That super cape would be Nathan's gym shorts, pulled up Steve Urkel style and over Drew's shoulders.

And Collin's get up would be my maternity shirt flung over his back to make a cape



Love these babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment