Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fair Time

Still pregnant. ...a new post got you all excited, huh? Believe me, I wish I were posting about a new baby! This one though, is about the fair.

On my due date, we were supposed to head to the fair with the boys and Grandma and Grandpa for the afternoon. I figured it would be a good distraction and maybe even a fun way to get this whole labor idea started. Well, come Sunday I woke up achy and not at all feeling like walking a few miles around the fairgrounds. Enter Grandma and Grandpa extraordinaire. "What's that you say? Not feeling up for chasing kids around a fairgrounds at 9 months pregnant? Well then Grandma and Grandpa will just have to take them".

And take them to the fair they did. They swooped in, picked up two very excited little boys, and left. For the entire day. Yep, you read that right. This very tired Momma got an entire afternoon of uninterrupted, nap whenever you feel like it, get a few projects done time. It was heaven I tell you. Knowing the boys were content and quite honestly, probably happier running around with Grandma and Grandpa parent-free than they would have been cooped up with us made relaxing almost scary-easy.

Nathan was able to putz around the house finishing up small projects (as did I), but most of all we were able to just enjoy some peace and quiet for a few moments in our house. It was actually sort of strange. We kept looking at each other saying, "It's so quiet". Funny how gradually you become accustomed to the constant background noise that floats through a house filled with young kids. Its to the point now that we really don't even notice it until it's quiet.

Anyway, 6pm rolled around and I finally turned to Nathan... "Think we should call your Mom and check in? See when the boys will be back?" ..."Nope. She'll call if there's an issue".

So that's how we left it, a worry free, very much needed afternoon off. Like I said, heaven. And the best part? When they finally did arrive home? They were exhausted (in the best of ways). We fed them dinner and off to bed they went. Leaving us with not only a quiet day, but a very quiet night as well.

I love love loved that they boys had had such a great day (as proven by some of the pictures I received throughout the day) and the many, many stories I heard when they returned home that night as well as when they woke up the next morning.

Collin on the helicopter ride with Grandma

Coll loves helicopters right now, so I'm sure this one was a huge hit!

Drewski climbing away


Grandpa and his boys. Melt.

Grandpa and Drew watching the horses get ready to race

One tuckered out Collin!

Horseshoes with Grandpa while Collin took his catnap

A huge, huge thank you to Doug and Kathleen!! We so appreciated a relaxing day, made all the better knowing the boys were having a blast without us.

One last tidbit on a totally different subject. Can we just talk about this beautiful blanket that arrived in my mailbox this morning? I am loving the colors and work that went into it. If you hadn't guessed already, Auntie Kimmie made this. Is she not ridiculously talented? I am convinced that girl can make anything. Seriously. 

Anyway, it's for Baby T and it has started me imagining him all bundled up and snug in it. As if the   itch to have him arrive hadn't started already, it has definitely arrived full force now! Thank you so much Kimmie! Love it and love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment