Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring has sprung

Ahhhh, spring, if I didn't realize you were here before, I do now! How you ask, do I know this? Well certainly the longer daylight hours are nice, as is the pleasantly warm weather and the blooming flowers everywhere, but no, these things were not what announced spring's arrival in our house. It was this:

Sword fighting

Golfing

Mini horse-back-riding

Yep, these days my barometer for seasons seems to be the amount of clothing worn by a certain little Sloan running around this house. Seriously. It's become a running joke among our friends. Drew never wants to wear his clothes! If there is even an inkling of sun out his clothes are left in a pile on the back porch as he walks out the door to go play. When he first started doing this, I would go out and re-dress him, only to have him undress again at lightning speed as soon as I turned my back. It was a pointless game. Drew 1, Mommy 0. I've given up. So consider this your fair warning. From now until the end of summer the only thing you'll be seeing is that kid's hiney. Good thing it's cute!

I do actually have one, yep one (I wasn't exaggerating when I said he never wears clothes) picture of Drew this week where he is at least wearing something. My horseback riding instructor from when I was younger gave this to Drew when he was first born. He finally fits in it and loves it! It's his "Woody" (from the Disney movie Toy Story) bathrobe. I just love the little boots!! :)


Since Collin actually wears his clothing, I have quite a few more pictures of him this week. He's still up to the same shennanagins, just getting better at them. He's taken a few pretty good spills as he's been trying to figure out how to stand and walk along the furniture, but so far he's only come away with a small bruise at the top of his nose. He is definitely busy these days!

My not-so-helpful "helper" in the kitchen




Bed head. I'm thinking it's about time for a haircut (hint, hint Auntie Christi! I think a visit is in order!!)

And finally, it's my dad's birthday today. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPPI!!!! We love you!!!



1 comment:

  1. We have a nudist here, too. When walking in the house the other day, Luke actually said, "I've been wearing pants and underwear all day today" as he stripped them off. As if wearing them was SO horrible. At some point they'll wear clothes....right? :D

    ReplyDelete