Friday, April 22, 2011

Here comes Peter Cottontail

Where are these months going?? It's already the third Thursday (ok....Friday this month, I'm late).  Sooo, three things about my silly munchkins:

Drewski
1. If he doesn’t get his way, he now tells you someone else told him he could. For example, if I say no to something, he'll tell me, “Well my daddy said yes”.
2. He likes to play tricks on us. "Hey daddy, find my pony." He giggles away while daddy goes on the hunt. All the while, he has his pony hidden underneath him. We’ve caught onto this game now, but we  didn’t at first.
3. He now repeats lines of movies that he thought were funny. Usually this happens while we're driving in the car. He also sings and dances to everything.
And a 4th, (just because!): Has been calling me "lady". As in “Hey lady! Come build with me.” Or “I sorry Lady Momma.” Not sure how I feel about this one.


Collin: 
1. Makes plenty of sounds now. The latest being "Dadadadadadaaaaa...". I'm hoping this turns into a very clear "Dada" so that when Collin wakes up in the morning, I can tell Nathan that Collin is specifically asking that he be the one that has to crawl out of bed to go play at 6 am. ;)
2. Is pretty confident standing up while holding onto something. He's even started to try and walk along the edges of things.
3. Has figured out how to climb into little things like the vibrating chair. Unfortunately, he has also learned the hard way that it's fairly easy to topple out.


And now back to your regularly scheduled program. :)

Every Tuesday morning we head out to the park for playgroup. We have a great group of moms and Drew loves the time he gets with all his friends. This week since it was so close to Easter, we had an Easter egg hunt for everyone. We had done this last year at home with Drew, but like Christmas and many other holidays, he only sort of understood it. This year however, he has eagerly looked forward to and been excited about each holiday as it's come up. This excitement, coupled with the fact that all his friends were there and excited as well, made for a very wild and fun day. (I'm sure the fact that Drew consumed half his weight in chocolate might have played a small role in the "wild"). A big thanks to our friend Jen for setting it all up and organizing! 

Ready...

Set...

GO!!!




About half way through, I noticed that Drew's basket wasn't as full as most of the other kids'. I thought maybe he was just being slow to pick up eggs. As I watched him though, I realized that he would run, pick up an egg, look at it, and if it wasn't blue, put it back down. He picked up probably three times as many eggs as he actually had in his basket, but he would only keep the blue ones. 

Everyone checking out their goodies!

Happy Easter!!

"The angel said to the women, 'Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said." Matthew 28:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Oh he is so his father's son! I hope there are only blue eggs to be found on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete