Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

We usually spend Easter with Nathan's family, but this year, his parents were out of town (out of country? New Zealand), so we decided to host and had so much fun doing so! We had a small brunch with Nathan's sister Kim, her hubby Dana, and Nathan's Grandma and Aunt Karen. Kim and Dana made some pretty amazing eggs benedict and Aunt Karen and Grandma brought the most delicious and chewy brownies and sliced fruit. Add this to the things we had made, and we had ourselves a feast! It was the first time I have been able to use our china since we got married, and as silly as it may seem, I was super excited about this. We also had an Easter egg hunt for Drew and after last week's hunt with playgroup, he was practiced, ready, and excited to go find those little eggies!

I was going to skip dying Easter eggs this year because I figured Drew was too young. At the last minute I changed my mind and Saturday afternoon was spent dying eggs. Drew got a kick out of it and loved having Uncle Burkie here to help him!




Our egg dying supervisor

Bunnies! Seeing as how the china finally got to make an appearance, fun napkins seemed like a must.

The coconut cake. This is the only food picture I managed to snag, but I have to post it. There's a huge story behind this bad boy, but it's long, so let's just say it involved a real coconut, plenty of work and Nathan digging himself one very large hole. ;) In any case, it turned out fabulously! Right, Nathan??



Auntie Ann, do you recognize his Easter basket?? He refused to use the one he got for Easter, instead he insisted he needed the the Auntie Ann truck basket. :)


Aunt Karen and Justin Bieber, eh hem, I mean Collin. (Really, Auntie Christi, his hair is out of control!)

I would love to know what he was telling his GGma here


Love Dana's face!

And of course, the second everyone left, so did his clothes! (Thanks Lala and Poppi for all those new fun sand toys!)


No comments:

Post a Comment