Thursday, February 24, 2011

Missing and Hiding

My dad was in California this past week and managed to pop by our place for two nights while working in the Fresno area. It was fun having him here and Drew, since he didn't get to see him last weekend, was especially thrilled he was in town.

Not the best picture, but it totally sums up how my dad's time with us was spent--with both boys crammed around him :)

Last weekend, while Collin and I were in Oregon, he would cry every time my dad held him. We teased that my dad's goatee was the problem. Well sure enough when he shaved it off, Collin stopped crying. With the goatee still gone, Collin was more than happy to be buddy buddy with Poppi.

On a totally different note, remember the box from a few weeks ago?? Well, thanks to the attachment Drew has to it, it's still here. The only difference now, is that it resides in Drew's room instead of in the middle of the living room. Well, this week I had left Drew and Collin to play on the floor of Drew's room while I went to grab a pile of Drew's laundry to put away. When I came back a minute later, Collin was "missing" (I use that term lightly. He's a noise maker, so it was pretty obvious where he had gone). Where, oh where, did I find Collin you might ask? You guessed it! In the box! Apparently baby boys think the box is just as fun as big boys! Drew had stashed away a few toys inside and had left the door to the box open, so Collin just helped himself. It made me laugh. He is definitely on the move now, and not only that, he's quick!!


Caught!

Drew's latest thing this week has been hiding and popping out at me. He's been doing the hiding thing for a while now, but the popping out to "surprise" you is new. Unlike Collin, he's actually pretty quiet when he disappears and lately, even if you call for him, he won't come out or say anything. Fortunately, his hiding places are usually pretty obvious. The other morning since I had my camera out already thanks to Collin and the box, and since there were an awful lot of "surprises" occurring that day, I decided to start snapping a few pictures. He thinks all of this is hilarious, and to be honest, the humor he finds in it is pretty contagious. 


Peek-a-boo!

SURPRISE!!!!

And, just for kicks, a cute one of both of my little cheeseballs:

Happy Thursday!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment