Friday, February 18, 2011

All about that bride-to-be

Christi texted me last night at 11:30 to make sure that I knew it was Thursday, "as in the day you update your blog?....". Oh right. That Thursday. Apparently with only a half an hour left in the day, she had given up hope on an updated blog post. Who knew I had such a demanding audience?? I promised her that this post would more than make up for its delay in appearance, because this week it's all about her (and her cute nephews), and really, what could be better than that? ;)

So this weekend was a totally fun one for me as I got to fly up to Eugene, Oregon for a girls weekend of wedding dress shopping with Christi. Since trying to keep an almost three year old entertained and sitting still through multiple dress appointments would be a near impossible task, Drew stayed home with Nathan. I didn't want to tell him that I was going to Lala and Poppi's house since I knew he'd be upset he couldn't go, so I merely told him that I was going wedding dress shopping when he asked. He seemed ok with the idea and didn't ask anything further. I think his excitement about hanging out with Grandma for the day on Friday and having Daddy all to himself over the weekend overshadowed any further curiosity. When Friday came, Drew and Grandma dropped me off at the airport and I didn't think much else of his question. Well, come to find out when I got back, Drew was wholeheartedly under the impression that I had gone dress shopping in the actual airport for two days. Oye. Next time I'll have to be more specific. Silly boy.

Anyway, I flew in Friday night, and flew out Sunday night and the short time in between was scheduled with nothing but hunting down that perfect dress for our little bride to be. We had appointments booked for two solid days of dress shopping, starting in Portland and making our way back down towards my parents' house. I was crossing my fingers that our two days would result in us actually buying a dress, but I wasn't sure this would be a reality. Out of all of my sisters, I thought for sure that Christi would be the pickiest when it came to finding the dress (after all, she is the one who has been planning her wedding since she was sixteen--ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but only slight). Well, not only did we find an absolutely perfect dress, we found it in the very first shop (granted, it was after trying on a bazillion dresses, but still!). Christi seriously was the best bride-to-be! She was sooooo easy going with all of it! The girl would look beautiful in a paper sack, so of course it helped that every dress she tried on looked good. The dress she actually chose though is absolutely gorgeous on her, but because it's no fun if everyone knows what the bride is going to look like on her big day, that's all I'm going to say about that. I do have a ton of cute pictures from our day, but most have Christi in her dress in them, so I'll save those for a later date.

Auntie Christi, Collin and Auntie Jenn Jenn

Girls Day, plus one :)

Dress shopping apparently wasn't very exciting for sweet Coll-brother

When I scheduled my flight out, I had tried to make it for as late as possible on Sunday so that we would have plenty of time to shop if we needed to. Since we found Christi's dress on Saturday, we had the entire day Sunday to just hang out. I really wanted to see the vineyard where Christi and Ty Ty are getting married, so despite it being rainy, we headed up to Sweet Cheeks Winery on the outskirts of Eugene. All of their vines are bare right now because it's winter, but the drive up to the winery and the winery itself is gorgeous! I can't wait to see everything in the summertime when it will be green!

Part of the patio. Aren't the views amazing?

Look at how wet poor Tyler's jacket is! They were good sports to take me when it was pouring rain!

Ok, so we decided that not only does Drew have a "say cheese" face (you know, the face you get when you're looking for someone to smile?), so does my dad. This is his version of the "say cheese" face. ;)

Part of the vineyard. All of the hills around are the winery are rolling hills covered with vines. It will be so pretty in the summer!


Uncle Burkie and Auntie Jenn Jenn. They were the only smart ones who stayed under the patio cover until it stopped raining.

Love the sisters!

Say cheese dad! ;)

As usual, the time in Eugene went by way too fast! I'm excited for Christi and Tyler and looking forward to our trip back up in August!


No comments:

Post a Comment