Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oregon Part 2: Sahalie Falls

One of the days we were in Oregon we hiked up to Sahalie Falls. It was a fun, easy hike with beautiful crystal clear teal water in the river above and below the falls.

Auntie Kell and Drew waiting for our huge group to get ready 

There are two falls along the trail. This was the first and was at the very start of the hike.

Three out of four of my boys

At some point and time Auntie Kell and my Dad got a hold of my camera. They are both known for filling up camera cards with "selfies", so it came as no shock to find a "selfie" of the two of them when I got my camera back.

The water naturally has this teal color to it that is intensified depending on sunlight and season. I guess when we visited it was fairly toned down (!)


Uncle Burkie found a Racer Snake on the trail and of course, scooped it up (ew!). The boys loved it though. (I laughed that this photo also caught Drew taking a picture of the snake. Highlight of our hike for him!)

All of this photo (aside from the leaves that hung over the river) is covered in water. It was that clear!

Free riding Tanny Banany

The cutest Poppi and Lala on the block


I think I posted this photo already, but Tanner spent our entire hike leaned back and pointing at things like this

Such clear...

...and colorful water 

I couldn't get enough photos and still feel like what I did get didn't do the river's beauty any justice!

Part of our crew: My momma, Auntie Kell, Drew, Nathan, Coll, Auntie Christi, and our friend Dana and her new baby Annabell


Daddy stealing Coll's sammich!

Auntie Jenn, my baby, and Uncle Burkie

The view from the top of the falls

Our group at the lookout

Sahalie Falls

Again, these photos do it no justice




At the very end of the hike, the river runs into this lake and turns green. Crystal clear, green. So weird.

We hung out at the bottom by the lake for a bit...and then hiked back up! A fun, easy and fairly kid-friendly hike! (And, just a note, I didn't enhance the color in these photos! It really is that pretty!) Totally worth the small drive from my parents' house!



No comments:

Post a Comment