Monday, June 6, 2011

Oh, to be three

Well now that I have gotten my mandatory "You're late!" phone call and daily texts from Christi, I suppose I should sit down and actually blog for the week- and yes, I am aware, this is four days overdue. Think of it as a double entry week! This post will be so close to the next post, you'll hardly know the difference! Two posts in one week equals more fun, right? Right?

This week Drew had his last week of parent/child classes at Little Gym. When he comes back after summer break he will be in a class that has only the teacher and other little kids. No parents. It is so strange to me that he's now old enough for things like this! I'm sort of curious to see how well he takes instructions from someone other than mom and dad too! Fingers crossed he does great!

Anyway, because the weather has been so nice, I decided to drag my sister Jenn along and ride my bike (with the boys in tow) up to  Little Gym to drop Drew off with Grandma. I hadn't planned on staying, but since this was the last week of the semester, we ended up staying to watch the kids showcase all the skills they've learned over the past few months. They were all really cute and loaded with plenty of showoff charged energy.

Warm up circle


Drew's favorite, the parachute!

aaaaaaand, the reason why the parachute is his favorite.


Collin also got to try out some of the fun








At the very end, they had a little ribbon ceremony. Drew literally danced up to receive his ribbon. He was so so excited!

And finally, as part of Drew and Grandma's Little Gym dates, they usually go for lunch when his class is over.  This week, Kathleen called me to tell me that they had stopped by Petsmart after lunch and that Drew had a surprise he was bringing home. Since Drew is obsessed with the lizards and snakes there, I was hoping he hadn't somehow convinced Grandma that he needed one. Fortunately when they got here I found that his surprise wasn't actually the scaly reptilian surprise I had imagined (phew!), but was rather a little blue Beta Fish . Drew came bouncing (a major understatement) through the door with his surprise in tow and when I asked him what he had named it, he told me "BlueFish" (gotta love the creativity of the three year old mind!). So, we now have BlueFish who lives in a very blue world picked out almost entirely by Drew. Grandma did managed to convince him he needed a little bit of green in the form of a plant and a few rocks, but everything else is blue. 

Later in the day, Auntie Jenn Jenn also decided to jump in on the BlueFish fun when she made mention of the fact that without a sandcastle in the tank, Drew's fish was without a home. You should have seen the look of panic that crossed Drew's face (and the mini meltdown that followed) over the tragic fact that BlueFish was without a home to sleep in. I thanked Auntie Jenn Jenn for her insight and assured Drew that the next day since we were in need of dog food anyway, we could go on the hunt for a tiny home for BlueFish to live in. Ug! Needless to say, Drew's pretty proud of his pet. Here's hoping he I can keep it alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment