Friday, June 24, 2011

A good day for golf

This week, the driving range where Nathan spends many a lunch hours, hosted a Mommy/Daddy and Me golf clinic. Nathan's mom was actually the first one to hear about it and when she told me and Nathan, we knew it would be a hit with Drew. Nathan was able to take a little time out of his work morning to meet up with us, which made for one very happy little boy. I'm not sure if Drew was more excited about golf or the fact that we pulled up and Daddy was there. In any case, he had a ton of fun and has talked about it all week. Meghan, the instructor, was great! Drew loved her! She was very easy going and made the class flexible to fit whatever style of instruction each kid needed. I loved that about the whole thing. There was no pressure whatsoever. The entire point was to have fun. Perfect!





 Collin and Auntie Jenn Jenn came along to watch too. Thank goodness for Auntie Jenn being willing to be drug all over the county with us! I would never get any pictures of events like this if it weren't for her entertaining Collin for me!


 "Oh! I got that one!!"

 Meghan had put a sticker on the bottom of Drew's shoe to encourage him to pivot and lift his heel at the end of each swing. She walked him through the motions first, and then let him try.

 This was his attempt to show her the sticker as he swung. Looks more like the start of a skip, right? Hehe.

 And just in case she had missed seeing the sticker during the "skip", he made sure to turn all the way around to give her a good look. Silly boy.

 By the end though, he had actually gotten the hang of things!

If you look carefully, you can see Drew's ball.  Look towards the middle of the bush behind the shed on the top left.

 Putting. 

Someday Coll-brother, someday you'll be big enough to go play too...

Drew and Daddy. Thanks hun, for talking the time to come and play! Drew loved loved loved it!

Technically I think my three things should have been last week, but since last week's post was long, I saved them for this week.

Collin:

1. Has another tooth! His top left tooth (next to his front teeth) has come in, bringing the total to five little chompers!
2. He's started climbing things. We have to be careful about putting chairs or toys too close to counters now because he will use them as stepping stools to get onto the counter itself. Yikes!
3. Loves to play outside-in the sandbox, in the dirt, in the water....he's not picky! He just loves to be out!

Drew


1.  Asks "Are we here yet?" or "Are we here now", within the first 5 minutes of every car trip.
2.  Love to sing "Old MacDonald Had a Farm". The only thing is, instead of "E I E I O", he sings "E I E I...F!"
3.  Loves to be read to. His favorites right now are any Curious George books and any tractor related book. I actually really enjoy reading to him, so I'm glad that this is something he is enjoying now as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment