Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Three Things

Happy March!



Three things (ok, more than three things...it's been a while!) about....

Drew:
1. Recently found out about maiden names when it came up in a random conversation. The look on his face when I told him my last name was different before I married Daddy was priceless. You would have thought I just told him I was formerly from another planet.

2. Is reading like a champ. My days of spelling words out in an effort to talk with Nathan without the boys understanding are officially, officially over.

3. Can officially tie his own shoes...and yours if you're not careful! A new sneaky favorite of his is to hide under the dining room table and tie your shoes together without you knowing. Its a charming new trick.

4. Loves to invent/create things. His most recent thing was to turn our office into a room filled with zip lines for his lego men and all their adventures. String, tape, staples, etc don't last long in our house these days.




Collin:
1. Will look at me or smile or open his eyes for a picture these days, but never ever all three at once....goodness, these days I'm lucky if I get two of those things in the same photo (unless of course, you catch him off guard).

2. Chatty, chatty, chaaaaaaatty. Man, can this kid talk right now!

3. Majorly into Legos right now. They are the very first thing he is playing when he hops out of bed and the very last thing he's playing with before hopping into bed, with little else in between.


4. Can count to 35 with no help.

5. Still sticks his tongue out whenever he's concentrating on something important to him.

6. Loves his puppy, but breaks out in this splotchy rash anywhere his skin touches Brucey. Fortunately it doesn't seem to bother him too much, but it bothers me, so we're trying to figure out if Collin is allergic (since Brucey simply being inside doesn't bother him at all), or if it is something Brucey is touching since its only by touch that Coll gets the rash.



7. Loves temporary tattoos...and putting them in oh so creative places, 'cause you know, who wouldn't love an Elsa tattoo right down the center of their nose??

8. Has the best little drawings right now! He has trouble drawing hearts but almost always wants at least one in every picture he draws, so my job right now is "heart drawer". I draw them, he fills them in.



Tanner:
1. Is officially paci free! (Ok, he's been paci free for a long while now, but somehow that never made it into the 3 things, so it should be noted, right?).

2. Is officially potty trained! Happy dance, happy dance!

3. Does his own stunts. He loves to keep up with the big kids and refuses to let his age or size slow him down from competing with them (and he has quite a few bruises and bumps to show for it).


4. Wipes off each and every kiss you give him these days with a big dramatic sweep of his arm across his lips. If he's feeling extra feisty, he adds a "BLECK!" to the end of that swipe.

5. Favorite accessory? A pair of swim goggles....and maybe a cape or a mask, depending on the morning.


6. Hides whenever he thinks he's in trouble...and by "hides", I mean he covers his eyes.

7. Loves any and all costumes right now.
Recognize this costume, Auntie Pam?

"Hi, my name's Olaf..."

..."and I like warm hugs."

8. Loves to "read" and be read to.


Brucey:
And since I have so many of them, I figured I'd share a few photos of my "fourth child" as well (why not?).
This dog is beyond spoiled. In order to get his face resting on the desk...

...he has to squish his hiney into the chair behind me. This happens each and every time I sit down to work at the computer. He also has to balance precariously to be there because he's big and no longer fits very well on the chair when there are two of us sitting in it.


He's also carried to bed every night from the living room. Ridiculous. Nathan started this when he was a puppy and now he refuses to get up and move to the bedroom when its time for bed. Since I still don't trust him enough to sleep out there and not to be kenneled at night, Nathan ends up just scooping him up and bringing him into the bedroom. I'm convinced he purposely waits for Nathan at this point.






Spoiled. That's the only fact I have about Brucey. Spooooooiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment