Monday, January 5, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

As usual, the holidays went flying by! Thanksgiving was a whirlwind of family, fun, and if we want to round out this little grouping of "F" items, food! 

We spent Thanksgiving Day itself with Nathan's side of the family and in the rush to get the boys out the door I left my camera on the entryway table, so cell phone pictures it was this year! Kimmie, Dana and my Maddy weren't in town this year for Thanksgiving so, of course, sap that I am, I missed them, but we had a fun day of hanging out and having way too much good food with everyone that was in town!

Head potato masher. Love this guy.


GGma and some of her boys


The favorite toy to snag is always the iPad at Grandma's house...at least Collin and Tallie were up for sharing it happily.

Tanner though was more interested in baby Haylen than in the iPad. Actually, I think he was more interested in making sure I still knew he was my baby and that Haylen was not. He kept coming up and telling me "Nan Nan (TanTan) Mama's baby". (As if I could have forgotten...).

Eventually my little hover crafting third baby left me all to myself with baby drool and snuggles. Heaven! ;)


On Friday we did Thanksgiving round two with my parents and sisters. This year was Jenn's year to host and she put all of my years of hosting to shame. There wasn't a detail undone (and if you know Jenn this probably doesn't come as any surprise). Every ounce of her house was themed around Thanksgiving dinner from the beautiful table all the way down to the indian hats she had made for all of the kids. It was ridiculous. Seriously.




And as if one table weren't enough, Jenn had a kid's table complete with chalked out "placemats" and a cup of chalk for all the kids to draw with. 

Like I said. Ridiculous.

Her. That's the one. In the middle. Auntie Jenn. Host extraordinaire. (And her cute baby and hubby).

Drew and his feather hat curtesy of Auntie Jenn Jenn.


Auntie Christi (who we found out at Thanksgiving is preggo!) and Elsie

Please mom, can we be done with picture taking??

Me and that sweet hubby of mine....oh, and the ever notorious photo bombing Uncle Burkie!

Poppi and Lala

Uncle TyTy, Nathan, Uncle Burkie, and my Dad

Jenn even managed to find a place to hang Drew's turkey art he made for her.

Emmie

Auntie Kelly was still in Australia at Thanksgiving so she joined us via Skype and of course my Dad had to show off the turkey, still in the oven and all!

Tanner and his never ending supply of M & M's from Lala the entire time she was here.

Cute Cousin Play.

I love that the girls are getting old enough to play.

Backyard Baseball with Uncle Ty Ty before dinner

Christi and our friend Nicole

Dinner itself brought lots of chalk play....

...and happy...

...food filled...

...campers!

And after dinner was all done? The shenanigans began, of course!

These silly girls started it all when they discovered the fun of the block wagon and went racing (well as racing as a newly turned one year old can go) down the hallway with it!

And Poppi continued with wild shoulder rides up and down the hallways and all around the house.

The boys (both big and small) discovered the fun of magnets, both big....

....and small.

And the big boys....

...and the (world's worst) dogs discovered the fun of the feather hats!

Such a fun two days of giving thanks! So thankful for large families and the fact that we get to celebrate twice, as it's one of my favorite days of the year to celebrate!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh! I love these photos! So sweet and so very very very adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete