Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Drew's Tooth

Drew has been waiting for months now for one of his baby teeth to fall out. A few of his close friends have already lost a tooth or two and because of this, we regularly catch Drew wiggling away at his own teeth just wishing they would loosen up and do the same. Well, up until recently, his stubborn little teeth seemed to have had no intention of abiding by Drew's wishes. Each time I would feel them, they remained the same just barely loose teeth that they had been for three or four months. The other day however, when Drew woke up, I noticed that his bottom tooth had turned purple. Surprised, I asked him if he had bumped it. He told me he hadn't (or at least not that he could remember) and I figured that would be his answer, because if he had really bumped it hard enough for the tooth to turn purple, I would have been shocked that I hadn't heard about it in tears when it happened. Aside from the tooth itself being purple, everything in his mouth seemed to be fine, so I decided to give the tooth a few days to see what would happen before I called the dentist. Well, three or four days went by and the tooth hadn't changed from its purple color and it hadn't gotten any looser. At all. So, on Friday I called the dentist and made an appointment for them to look at it the following Monday morning.

Meanwhile, there was weekend fun to be had! So, on Saturday we headed out to Emmie's first birthday party and lo and behold, while swimming and playing in the pool, that darn purple tooth came out!

Drew had finally lost his first tooth! Literally. He lost it somewhere in the pool while swimming around. 

There was a search party, but no luck finding it! He wasn't even sure when or how it fell out, it was just gone!

So, the tooth fairy got a note!
"Dear Tooth Fairy, I lost my lost tooth at the pool. Love, Drew"


The funny part is, because that tooth was just barely loose, we weren't expecting him to lose it. I had planned on having the tooth fairy bring him a two dollar bill when he eventually lost  his teeth, but since his baby teeth seemed (at least to me) rather intent on staying put for the time being, I hadn't run by the bank to pick any up. So the entire time he was jumping around, excited about loosing his tooth, all I was thinking was "Ah! It's Saturday evening and banks are closed....how on earth is the tooth fairy going to pull this off?!". Ha! So, the tooth fairy brought Drew a plain old dollar bill this time....and promptly got her hiney to the bank for some two dollar bills in preparation for the next time. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Our tooth fairy also brings $2 bills and she stocked up with $40 worth the first time ;)

    ReplyDelete