Monday, July 14, 2014

Miss Maddy

Ok, this is embarrassingly long overdue, but the most beautiful, squeezable, tiny niece was added into our family back in March and I have been such a slacker blogging lately, that I have yet to write about it! Nathan's sister and our brother-in-law had Miss Maddy on Saint Patrick's day and she is just perfect! I was in l-o-v-e, love with her when we first visited her in April and have eaten up the time I've had with her squishy, baby goodness ever since. These things I expected...


...What I didn't expect was how absolutely smitten Nathan would be! 

He is a total, one hundred percent, hands down baby hog!

That is, until my brother-in-law pulled out his shiny new Terraferminator and the lure of a free trial run with it at the cost of mowing their front lawn pulled Nathan away from "my" baby and into the great outdoors. (That front view? Swoon, right?).

Phew! Dana, I still owe you one for freeing up "my" baby again for me!



I was cracking up at the faces this cute girl would make!

Snuggle time with Miss Maddy was just the best! Eventually though, hungry babies do indeed have to be surrendered over to their Mommas... 

....and when I finally handed her over, I got to see just how beautiful being a Momma looks on Kimmie.

Seriously.

For that matter, it looks pretty good on Dana too! ...Not the whole being a Momma thing, of course, but the being a parent thing! Kim and Dana are both so smitten with her, as well they should be! It was fun to see!

Anyway, like all our other trips up North, this one was over far too quickly! Fortunately for me though, Miss Maddie came down for a visit shortly after we had been up to see her and this time-- I got. to. babysit. (Eeeek!).

More snuggles!

And this time, not only snuggles, but smiling too! Even better! The boys gave her a crash course in "Intro to Boy Cousins 101" and clearly, she passed with flying colors! (Those would be Tanner's giant hands patty-pat-patting her head).

The boys love Maddy and would play, play, play with her until she crashed! She and I would then snuggle away....

....while the big boys ran amok in the house. Sigh. Such is life. Those baby snuggles were well worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment