Friday, May 23, 2014

Six

Drew recently turned six, and with that, came a week of birthday celebrations!

We started off by heading out with Grandma, Grandpa, GGma and Aunt Karen to watch the Grizzlies play baseball. The boys love going to games and I'm convinced it's a little for the baseball, and a lot for the ridiculous amount of baseball food they get to eat (cotton candy anyone?).


At one point, the Grizzly's mascot "Parker" stopped by to say hi. Where's Collin you ask?....

I'll give you a hint. See that little brown head under the closest chair?

That would be Collin, who took cover under the chair the minute he saw Parker even approaching us. He cracks me up. He has never liked dressed characters and its apparently not changing anytime soon. (I can't really blame him. I was "that" kid, and to this day, they still weird me out too!).


It was a fairly small crowd the night we were there and we sat in the perfect seats for catching foul balls. Early on, the birthday boy caught one (he was only a *little* excited about it), and towards the end of the night, Collin got one too. Needless to say, they were pretty excited. In fact, both boys carried their baseball around in the pocket of their cargo shorts for a good week afterwards showing anyone who would look their way.

We also celebrated Drew's birthday with cupcakes at preschool that week. He arrived to a special sign on his classroom door and a birthday crown waiting for him.



On the morning of Drew's actual birthday we all got up early and did our traditional birthday pancakes for breakfast and then ended the week with a birthday party, which I'll post more on later.


I know I say it every year, and for every child's birthday, but I can't believe he's six already....these years just keep sneaking up on me! ;) 

Happy birthday Drewski! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment