Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Second Oregon Trip: The Finale

The last day of our trip in Oregon, was of course, Christmas day itself. What a fun three weeks we had leading up to it! There isn't much explaining to do for these pictures. Christmas morning was mellow and sweet....and as always, was over way too quickly! Like almost any other year, we spent the entire day in our jammies, lounging around, playing with new things, and in general just soaking up the time hanging out together with no obligations!

Our Elf "Broc" made a surprise appearance at my parents house and joined their elf "Lemony" in her mischief in the weeks before Christmas

Christmas Eve after church, the closest to a good shot we could get this year. :)

I had to add this one because for Christmas Eve service, Emmie wore a dress that my mom had saved from when my sisters and I were little and we wore it!

Drew made headbands for Auntie Christi and Elsie 

Christmas morning! (In Oregon, Santa is apparently a Ducks fan....)

Elsie spent pretty much all of her first Christmas snoozing away, whether it was in a chair...

...or snuggled up in someone's arms! 

My mom with the photo she has been begging us to have professionally taken, printed and "gifted" to her for Christmas for a few years now.

Auntie Christi and Auntie Kell



Elsie

Emmikins



I think I've mentioned this in previous years, but we rotate between sisters who we give a gift to each year. This year, Jenn and Burke had Kell and Jenn painted her two of these amazing watercolors.

For the past three years, I have made and given a quilt to each of my sisters when we've had them for Christmas and my mom has not-so-patiently been waiting for her turn. When I got the phone call that Christi was in labor, I had the fabric for her quilt cut, but nothing else pulled together at all. Thus, this quilt became the "three day quilt". I spent every waking moment that my kids were asleep or occupied finishing this up, but the fun part in all of that mad rush, was that because our trip was in some ways, short notice, I don't think my mom was expecting a quilt at all. When we got to Oregon, my sisters helped me shove it into a teeny tiny box, so that she wouldn't expect anything by its appearance on Christmas morning and this was her first reaction when she saw what it was.


Well, I think that finally wraps up the Oregon posts! I do have one more Christmas post from the fun morning we spent with Nathan's family when we returned home, but more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment