Sunday, June 23, 2013

Auntie Jenn's Baby Shower

My sister Jenn is going to have a baby....

and if that weren't reason enough to celebrate just on its own, it's also a girl!

So, like I said in the last post, we recently threw a baby shower for the baby in the bump. Jenn's nursery colors are coral and navy, so we themed the shower mostly around that, and had so much fun doing it! I am surrounded by all things "boy" in my house, so I relished the opportunity to dabble in pink for a while!

We kicked all boys out of the house bright and early the day of the shower, with the promise of breakfast out with Daddy and Poppi and a round of mini golf. Although the littles were sure this adventure was all about them, a smidge of it was also about me. It was a huge help not having busy little hands "helping" with all of the decorations and last minute prep. 


We held the shower as a brunch and since Jenn requested no games be played (thaaaaank goodness!), we had "well wishes for baby" cards instead that people could fill out while we waited for others to arrive and brunch to be served.








Burke's mom Marti (right) and her good friend (and such a sweet lady) Kathy came to help with last minute things a few hours before the shower. I so appreciated the help, and the company!

My co-horts in this shower throwing adventure: my beautiful momma and sister Christi

And what shower would be complete without plenty of delicious food?






I kept telling Jenn that I was especially looking forward to the shower because it meant we got to see all sorts of family and friends we hadn't seen in a while (a perk to being related to the guest of honor!)

Our grandma, Nammy, Jenn and Jenn's friend Julie

Tanner was the only boy who got to crash the party and I'd say he was pretty content to do so!

The soon-to-be Grandmas

Tanner and my Auntie Pam

My sister Christi and her two best friends Sarah and Nicole

Beth, Holly and Christi

Auntie Pam, Jenn, and our cousin Hannah 

We sat down for brunch and let everyone fill out their wishes for Jenn's baby and then started on gifts. Can you see what she pulled off the top of that package?

Here. I'll clarify. Spurs. Itty, bitty, cutest-you've-ever-seen spurs. I just about died at their cuteness. (Burke's mom rides cutting horses, and it was her gift that these sat on top of.  So fitting, and so adorable).

One of the gifts my mom gave Jenn was a few of her favorite outfits that we wore when we were younger. If you know my mom, the fact that she had actually saved and stored something for 29, gulp....almost 30, years, is a tiny miracle in and of itself. Her type AA-plus personality is a lean, mean, constantly purging and de-cluttering machine. Seriously. Tiny miracle, and such a cool, sentimental gift.

Loved this picture of Jenn and Nammy!

Jenn's besties: Holly, Kristen, and Julie

The lifegroup girls

Nammy, Jenn, my mom, and Marti 

Eventually the littles that I had sent out for the day returned, along with Poppi and the hubbs (I think they arrived home a wee bit early just to sneak some of the food!)

All in all, a really fun day. We are so excited to meet this new baby! I've already spent the better portion of the last eight months whispering to Jenn's belly that I'm her favorite Auntie (that's right Christi...eight months. Benefit of living closer.). 

Five weeks and counting!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute baby shower, the food looks amazing! I just found out that my best friend is pregnant so I have been looking up ideas for a theme, what games to play, and baby shower invitations. I have never done this before so I am a little lost. What is a well wishes for baby card? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren,

      A well wishes for baby card is just a card with a list of fill in the blank wishes for the baby. Ours had things like "I hope you always remember {blank}", "I hope you aren't afraid to {blank}", and "I hope you grow {blank}". Some people were serious, some silly in what they wrote for the baby. Etsy.com has tons of variations on these, just search "Well wishes for Baby". Hope this helps, and good luck with your shower!

      Delete