Friday, April 6, 2012

Aaaaand we're back. Again.

Well, I had good intentions of starting where I left off and posting all of the things we've been doing between when the great laptop disaster occurred and now, but the reality of that is there are a million pictures that have been taken in that time period and sorting through them all to get them ready to post is a daunting task. Daunting. As in, will probably be something that occurs sporadically between current posts for the next few months.

Be that what it may, this week we enjoyed the huge treat of my grandma, Nammy, coming to visit us. I cannot emphasize enough how excited I was to have her here and be able to spend some time with her! She brought all sorts of books and Easter goodies for the boys (which they loved), and two kinds of "Nammy Tapioca" for me and Jenn. Now the Tapioca might not seem like such a big deal to any of you....but you've never had "Nammy Tapioca". I'm telling you, there is magic in her little baking fingers because it doesn't matter what the rest of us do to make it the way she does, it never, ever, turns out the same. Her Tapioca is slumber parties, play dates, and well loved time spent at Nammy and Grampy's house served up in a bowl. Such nostalgia. I loved that she took the time not only to make it, but to put it on ice and drive it all the way up here. It's just one of the many, many reasons why we happen to think she is the best! Anyway, I don't get to visit with her as often as I would like since she lives in San Diego, so it was nice to be able to spend two full and uninterrupted days together here.

The boys have been asking to go to the Zoo a lot recently and we originally had planned to spend the morning there on the day that Nammy was driving up to our house. We ended up having a slow morning and decided to instead visit the Zoo the following day with Nammy and I'm so glad we did! The boys had all sorts of fun dragging Nammy here, there, and everywhere around the Zoo to show her all of their favorites exhibits (plus some!), and I dare say that Nammy enjoyed herself too. :)

We have visited our little Zoo enough times that we could probably navigate our way through it with our eyes closed. However, Drew still insists on having a map to show us where to go each and every time we visit.

Checking out the Sea Lions. They are getting a new exhibit to live in pretty soon and we're anxious to see it!

We almost always stop to feed the giraffes if we're in the Zoo at the times they allow you to feed them. The boys definitely love it, but secretly us big kids love it too!

The not-so-little baby giraffe


The petting Zoo with Nammy


Auntie Jenn and the world's ugliest sheep

Collin's favorite exhibit

This little guy was a Burrowing Owl (Nammy, correct me if I'm not remembering that right). I thought it was a baby, but the lady told me that it was actually full grown at that size.

Auntie Jenn, Drewski and Nammy looking at the owl.



Checking out the crocodile....Drew's favorite exhibit

This little tractor sits by the construction site for the new Sea Lions exhibit. The boys love this thing....as in they both make a beeline for it every time we even remotely pass that area.

Life is rough when you're one and a half. Jenn happened to catch this one with her phone and I can't help but giggle when I see it. Look at that pouty lip!

On a totally different note, Nathan's parents gave me tickets to go see Lady Antebellum for my birthday back in January. They came into town last week and Nathan and I were spoiled not only with a date night, but also with great seats and a two other artists that I didn't realize would be there (Thompson Square and Darius Rucker). 

Lady A

Lady Antebellum and Thompson Square together

Thank you so much Doug and Kathleen, we had such a fun time!

Ok, so now that I've resolved myself to catching up slowly over time instead of all at once, you should be hearing from us more often (weekly again, I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment