Thursday, January 12, 2012

Three Things

This weekend we celebrated my birthday and our anniversary (7 years!). Since my birthday was on Saturday, the boys started the fun Friday night when Nathan came home from work with a princess crown and princess birthday balloons for me per Drew's request. I may have mentioned this before, but ever since Drew's construction birthday party, every birthday has to have a theme in his mind. Nathan's birthday this year was a golf birthday, Collin's was Dr. Seuss, and mine and every other girls' birthday has been a princess party. That's just how birthdays work in Drew's world these days. They have themes and he's always super excited to go along with it. :) Saturday morning Nathan took us to try out a local pancake place we'd been hearing about for breakfast. The pancakes were not only amazing, they were the size of the entire plate and a good inch and a  half thick! (All you locals, Batter Up is just as good as everyone says it is!). We walked away full and happy campers and I loved that Nathan continued the birthday breakfast tradition my Dad started when I was little.

Since our anniversary was Sunday and Nathan had to work on Monday, we decided to go out to dinner and a movie (yep! you read that right, an honest to goodness pre-child-like date night!) to celebrate our anniversary on Saturday night. We had a fun night that was made even more fun by the fact that when we came home Jenn and Burke had decorated and made me a birthday cake! It really was just an all around fun weekend celebrating!


The rest of the week was fairly mellow. Since the weather has been irritatingly warm for this winter lover, we have at least been trying to take advantage of the beautiful sunny days. The boys have spent almost every day this week out in the yard digging, riding bikes, and playing tag. We also met up with the Doman babies for a morning at the zoo. The boys love going and always come home ready to plop into bed for a nap. It's a win-win, really.


Our cute friend Hope

I'm not sure how I feel about the aviary, but the kids always want to go through it, so we usually do.

"Look Mom, it's the Rio bird!!!" (The bad guy on the movie "Rio" looks just like this guy)

And of course, the boys found a tractor ride near an area where the zoo is doing construction and were automatically glued to it. They drug Bradley and Hope along too (although they were pretty willing participants from what I saw)


Bradley and Drew


Ever seen a starfish stuck to the aquarium glass? That's what this picture reminds me of. Checking out the sea lions and the trainers that were in with them....

And finally, three things about each of the boys. Ok, it's more than three this month, but I skipped December; six it is this month!

DREW
1. Is very into Ninjas these days. I'm not sure where this came from, but he loves to run around the house "hi-ya!-ing" everything and declaring that he's a Ninja. Oh to be a little boy....
2. Is under the impression that his middle name is Christopher Robin, not just Christopher.

I have no pictures relevant to Drew's three things this month, so you just get a few random cute ones! :)

3. Tells the world's longest stories! If you look away or get distracted, he'll call you on not paying attention anymore.
4. His time reference is "last year". Everything was "last year". He took a nap "last year", had a friend over "last year", went to the park "last year"....you get the idea
5. If you ask him a question, his response almost always starts with "Actually". "Actually, I think I want milk with dinner". "Actually, I'm going to take my planes and trucks". The word is new to him and it is used often right now.
6. LOVES to wrestle with Collin...a glimpse into my future I guess



COLLIN
1. Loves to wear other people's shoes, especially Drew's boots.
2. Still sleeps sucking on his bottom lip. I discovered this the other day when I snuck into his room during nap time and couldn't resist snapping a picture. His infant pics (at 10 days old) also show him doing this and I love it.


3. Talking up a storm. He now says "hi", "bye", "hot", "Drew", "eye", "nose", "shoe", etc. His gibberish is also getting closer and closer to actual words.
4. His favorite book is The Very Hungry Catepillar. Ok, so it's not really the book per say that he loves, so much as it is the pages with the "bites" out of them. You have to read the first three or four pages at lightening speed (or from memory) and the last few in the same manner since Collin immediately starts flipping to the pages with the holes for bites.


5. Loves to ride in Drew's carseat if Drew is not in the car with us.
6. Will shower with anyone willing to allow him to get in with them, it does not matter if he has already showered three times that day or not. Visitors to our house, beware!
7. If you ask him for kisses or hugs, he now folds his arms across his chest and says "Hmph!". I have no idea where he picked this up, but I get a kick out of it!



-
- 
-  

No comments:

Post a Comment