Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another year bites the dust.

So half of you reading this will probably laugh, but it finally happened. As of January 7th, I reached the age that I had always had set in my mind as "old". Yep, 27. I know what you're thinking. What??!! Believe me, now that it's here, that's what I'm thinking too!  For most people, I think this marker is 30, but to me twenty seven was it. The age when you had it all together; grown up job, grown up house, grown up things...old. Comical, right? As of now, I refuse to call 27 old. These days my marker on old is that handsome guy I call my husband. Thanks to the three and a half years between us, I will forever be young (or at least younger) and he will always be old. (Kidding hun! In any case, you're the best looking "old" person I know! xoxo.).

Aside from the trauma of turning 27, my actual birthday was fun. Drew and I made cinnamon rolls for the weekly playgroup we have at our house, and the boys and I spent the morning hanging out with good friends. Nathan ended up stopping by halfway through playgroup and surprised me with flowers. Small gestures like this are his specialty!



Drew's just starting to create imaginary stories. This time, he and his pal Brayden were hunting monsters under Collin's crib. I love that they each needed a flashlight to see the beasties they were hunting!

Our anniversary was this week too. The day after my birthday. 6 years. (Remember that thing about us getting old?). I'm incredibly thankful for the man I married. He's a great dad, and a constant friend. It's fun doing life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment