Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Three Things

As I'm trying to think up three things for this, I ask Nathan to give me three things about each of the boys. His response? "Nice things?". Yep. It's been one of those days as a parent. Sounds terrible, I know. Just keeping it real. But on a good day....

Three Things about:

Drew:
1. Loves to create books. He draws the pictures, and then I write the words as he says them. This one was a Winnie the Pooh book and is one of my favorites he has created so far:

"Winnie the Pooh climbs a honey tree. A bee stings him."

2. "Tigger knocks on Pooh's house."  3. "Owl hears a sound."

4. "Rabbit picks some of his vegetables from his garden."  5 (backwards five). "Piglet walks by the river."

6 (also backwards). "Roo was calling for all of his friends for the picnic. The end."

2. Officially moved to a booster seat in the car and is super excited about it. I made him wait until he had reached the height limit of his five point harness carseat before making the switch and it took until just before he turned six to get there. Drew would tell you this took "forever".


3. Is starting to read. Will now ask for simple words to be spelled so he can tell you what the word is. It has sort of become a game for us. We also play the game vise versa where I give him a word and he spells the letters of the word back to me. Simple words like "Mat", "Dog", "Pan", "Hand", etc.


4. Loves to ride bikes and scooters and build wildly imaginative Lego creations.



Collin:
1. Can now draw a person...the kind that are just a circle for the body, with two super long arms and two super long legs. Sometimes the bodies only have the long legs. These are some of my favorite types of drawings!


2. Calls Drew, "Bud"...."Hey Bud, want to go play outside with me?". (Technically Drew calls Collin this most times too).


3. Loves to play with toy swords and stashes them inside the back of his shirt with the bottoms of the swords tucked into his chonies so they don't fall out. He can then reach behind his head and whip out a sword for a quick draw at a moments notice.


4. Also loves to ride bikes and scooters and keep up with all of his brother's cool tricks.



Tanner:
1. Loves to spit. We're working on this.


2. Loves to make sure he has your attention and then pull you or make you follow him to whatever it is he wants you to see or be a part of.


3. Does this fake laugh right now. Actually, I don't know if I can even call it "fake" at this point because it's his go-to laugh for most things right now. So funny, and so weird!


4. Loves to sleep on his pillow only, like a puppy on a dog bed. At first when he would move onto his pillow while I was tucking him in, I would pick him up and move him back to having his head on the pillow and his body on the bed. I've totally given up though on trying to have him lie "normally" in bed. He will immediately move back up to the pillow and then pat his hip asking for the covers to be moved up to him on his pillow. Whatever! As long as he sleeps, I'm a happy camper!



No comments:

Post a Comment