Monday, February 17, 2014

The last Christmas Post

The day after we returned home from Oregon, we were off to Nathan's parents' house for Christmas with them. I was itching to head over not just because there was Christmas to be celebrated, but also because "my" almost-here-baby was there waiting for me and rumor had it he or she was wiggly! Poor Auntie Kimmie because I think I spent half the afternoon with my hands on her belly, but...I got to feel "my" baby move...and I'm telling you, I just about cried when I felt it. (Mommyhood has turned me into a crier. Ask anyone...). I cannot wait to meet that little peanut (only a month-ish left!)! Anyway, along with Doug and Kathleen, and Auntie Kimmie and Uncle Dana,  GGma and Aunt Karen were also there, so we spent a nice, relaxing morning enjoying and just hanging out with everyone! Such fun!

Coming in to see the tree

We've had big talk from both boys about joining T-ball this year, so they were super excited when they opened up baseball bats!

So this shirt has a story. A while ago the Oregon Ducks beat out Uncle Dana's Washington Huskies for the 10th year in a row (a Duckade of wins) and so Nathan sent Dana a surprise "rub it in" Ducks t-shirt in the mail. Well upon opening it up, Nathan received a text from Uncle Dana that said something along the lines of "Sugar loves her new bed!" with a picture of their dog Sugar laying on the shirt. Fast forward to Christmas when the Stanford Cardinals had beaten the Ducks, and it was Nathan's turn to open a "rub it in" shirt.

The boys also asked for Camo gear for Christmas. Now when you ask for Camo gear from a  Grandpa who loves to hunt, you don't just get a piece of camo-gear, you get head-to-toe camo gear....camo boxers included! 


One of my favorites from that morning....

...Uncle Dana teaching the boys how to play checkers!

Another favorite? This selfie I found on my camera after leaving it all alone on the counter! Love these two!

Since Christmas, and thanks to the spring-like weather we have been having, the boys have spent endless amounts of time out in the backyard honing their baseball skills...

..and getting pointers from Daddy.


Drew's number one gift on his Christmas list for Santa this year was (of all things!) a science kit he had seen over the summer. Well Santa, of course, did not disappoint and so we spent much of the month of January also experimenting. 

Volcano building 101






No comments:

Post a Comment